- My MP3 player cannot connect to the computer, thus I am stuck to the tunes I put in there three months ago.
- “Turn the ECP Paralell Port to an EPP” says the Tech Support guy (Who wrote the software, and is therefore Good). So I do.
- Windows autodetects my new motherboard and all componants.
I don’t *have* a new motherboard. This is not going to be good.
- Windows refuses to start up unless it’s just come from Safe Mode.
- Windows refuses to start up. At All. Except in Safe Mode.
- Use Safe Mode to backup all user files on C: to D:
- Reboot to Messydos.
- c:windows>cd D:
All data on non-removable drive C: will be lost! Are you sure you want to do this (You moron)? (Y/y)
- Windows setup runs. Feed it install stuff, then I go out to buy a lavalamp
- I come back to find: Windows cannot read the system files from the CD, please clean it with a damp cloth.” All very well, except it’s installing from the FUCKING HARD DRIVE.
- Repeat above until bored
- Insert Win98 Boot Disk (*always* have a boot disk)
- “Invalid System Disk. Please replace and try again”
- Reboot to Linux
- Wonder who I can get a boot disk from
- Make phone calls.
- Stick in Linux until tomorrow. Bugger.