Oh crikey. Quoth. People appear to be looking for it, so I’ve put this page together so the links are working again. Okay, Quoth is (was?) a random sig generator for Windows written in VB6 as an exercise.
Exercise in what, I was never quite sure. Futility, probably. Anyway, I stopped developing it when I stopped a) using it and b) using VB for anything It’s a mesh of code I wrote when I was sixteen, so don’t expect miracles. When it ceased to be, I released the code under the GPL, then forgot about it. Now I appear to be getting searches looking for it, so this page exists.
Then, of course, we have the quote files that came with it, including the one that has 250,000 tag lines and scares all right thinking people. So, the downloads:
- Quoth 1.1.1
- The final release. Changelog is at the very end of this document
- Quoth 1.1.1 Source Code
- Requires VB6. Released under the GPL. Beware of the tiger.
- The readme and changelog
(Harvested from all over the net, none belong to me)
Famous Last Words #2: “So I slept with the waiter so what?”
Famous Last Words #3: “Perfectly safe.”
Famous Last Words #4: “I only had a couple beers.”
Famous Last Words #5: “I found the traaaaaaaaap….”
Famous Last Words #6: “I shall assume full responsibility for losing them.
* Change/fix + add - remove
31/03/00 1.01, Aquarion's Random Sig Engine, Never released. Name too bad
01/04/00 1.02, Quoth
* About Box, now a form of it's own
+ Splash Screen
+ Minutes and seconds now saved to the Ini file
* Fixed a crash if the Ini file was trunicated
+ Confirm Quote box
* Fixed Save Settings when x box is pressed
* fixed Mini-Quoth
* fixed bug in Scrollbars, Now disabled when countdown is running.
10/04/00 1.03 + Multiple Line Quotes
* Interface, now tabbed
+ "Last Generated Quote" Box
+ Quote Centering
* Save Settings, now all options saved
* Quit Dialog now asks if you want to cancel
+ Timeout on Splash Screen
22/04/00 1.04 + Clipboard export
24/04/00 1.05 * Realised that the random function was producing the same output each run
(Always line 56, then 24. for example) and it only changed per build
Fixed that :-)
26/06/00 1.06 - Manual tab removed, since it was just a button on it's own.
* allowed users not to specify a Sig Out if they wern't saving sigs
+ Show Details box, gives details of what the program is doing.
04/07/00 1.07 * fixed the Save Settings button.
+ Added the Icon
+ added a "Version" line to the ini file. Program no longer crashes on old ini files.
It refuses to use them :-)
* Locked the "Minutes & Seconds" text boxes, to stop people crashing Q by putting text in them.
* fixed the Status box to realign itself every time it is displayed.
06/08/00 1.1 + added support for Countdown
* Version number bumped up to 1.1. Scary.
* Misc bug fixes
* updated Mini-Quoter to use the new ini file format
09/05/02 1.1.1 + Released under the GPL. The End.