- Control Panel
- Administrative Tools
- Task Scheduler
- Create Basic Task (In the bar on the right)
- Name: “Backup Putty Connections”
- Run Daily
- Next, Next, Next (Until “Start a Program”)
- Program/Script: C:Windowsregedit.exe
- Arguments: /E "Putty_connections_backup.reg" "HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareSimonTatham"
- Start In: (The directory to put the backups in. Somewhere in your Dropbox would be good)
- Open Properties when finished
- Check the “Run with highest privileges” option (If you don’t see it, find your new task (You may need to click on “Task Scheduler Library”) and right click on it, then select “Properties”)
- Right click on it again
- Run it.
- Make sure the file’s been created.
How to restore them:
- Install PuTTY
- Double click on that file.
What’s a putty?
PuTTY: It’s a thing to log in on the real computers.