Today has been educational.
Yesterday evening, between four and five, Me and Cookie entered our new house in Cambridge.
Since then, education has happened, and I have learnt things.
- Never argue with a washing machine. You will get wet toes.
- Bedding for double beds is horribly expensive.
- The bed in my room is not, in fact, a double, but a queen-size. Damn.
- If at first you don’t suceed, Read The Manual.
- If at second you don’t suceed, Read *ALL* the Manuals.
- Sausages take longer to cook than bacon (Yes, I knew this already, I just forgot about them this morning)
- Cambridge is nice.
- Having your own place is nice.
- It is more sensible for the person who is going to be at home all day to have the key to the back door.
- If at third you don’t suceed, light the pilot light.
- Cream cheese and chives on crumpet is nice.
- The new house is /beyond/ nice. It has niceness, it has greatness, and it has houseosity. Like.
Plus, LoneCat comes here tomorrow, which is even better 😀
The only thing it doesn’t have is a phoneline, so, from a cybercafe somewhere in Cambridge, TTFN 🙂